Please note: This article was last updated in 2007 so some content will likely be outdated. For the latest product news, visit our blog homepage at focus.meisterlabs.com
So here are the promised details about our latest update, for those of you who don’t receive our newsletter.
Hopefully you’ll find these useful, and do stay tuned – more to come!
- Links on ideas: Support for internal (between maps, or also to individual nodes) and external (websites, email addresses) links on ideas
- Automatic layouts: No more overlapping ideas and branches with the new auto layouter – can also be triggered manually on “messed up” maps by pressing F8
- Note and link previews: Notes and links on ideas can now be previewed by hovering over the respective icon, including site previews
- Reworked, more organic lines: We’ve changed the line drawing mechanism so that mind maps now hopefully look more organic. The poll in the last newsletter went in favor of the slightly rounded lines (with about 40%)
- Automatic canvas resizing: The map canvas will automatically resize to the size of the map, e.g. on import of large maps or when adding lots of ideas
- Changes view date slider: In Changes mode, the footer will display a date slider that you can use to constrain the time period for which changes are shown. Clicking on links in notification emails will only highlight changes since your last visit.
- Start new map from idea: You can quickly create new maps from ideas through the right-click menu, and the new map can automatically be linked to the current one
- Export as PDF: The map canvas will automatically resize to the size of the map, e.g. on import or when adding many ideas
- Enhanced printing: Choose whether you want to print in full size or fit to page, and with open or closed branches
- Browse public maps: You can now browse, search and view all public maps on MindMeister – let us know which ones you like through the good old star rating system!
- and many more…