Please note: this article was last updated in 2008. For the latest MindMeister product news, please visit our blog homepage at focus.meisterlabs.com
We appreciate the new release has been a long time in the making – but it’s here now! Last week we’ve deployed a new version of our online mind mapping tool, which we’ve boldly dubbed MindMeister 2.0.
Our users often tell us that they like MindMeister because of its intuitive interface and overall simplicity. That’s why we try to add only the most necessary features in new releases – and still, this time it turned out to be quite a long list 😉
Oh, and don’t fret if you can’t find your pet feature below, in spite of all the talk about simplicity, some more updates are coming soon!
- Task information on ideas: As a first step to lightweight project management in MindMeister you can now add task information – priority, completion, due date and owner – to ideas. More to come!
- Attachments on ideas: You can now upload file attachments to ideas and preview images through inline thumbnails. This feature is for Premium users only, but everybody can try it out for 30 days.
- WunderLink and WunderNote: Try out these new functions to magically add links and notes to your ideas, using the wonders of the web. WunderLink gets its link from a little Yahoo! search performed in the background, while WunderNote uses a FreeBase database lookup.
- Automatic text wraps: Idea captions will now automatically wrap at a certain length to avoid overlong nodes (you can keep the old behaviour by adding manual line breaks with Shift-RETURN)
- More Geistesblitz features: In our constant quest to improve the Geistesblitz tools we have now added email support and a Geistesblitz Activity for Internet Explorer 8. With email support, you can send single Geistesblitzes or while mind maps just through an email.
- Subsharing for maps: New option to allow collaborators to invite others when sharing a map – this will also work for already shared maps
- Print and export: New option to center map on printout and PDF export of mind maps now includes notes
- Formatting and navigation: Apply text styles selectively to child ideas, nicer formatting of first level branches, ability to expand and collapse levels
- Notes and links: Advanced and larger note editor with more formatting options, new links widget in sidebar, “Show popular links” for idea
- OpenID and PayPal Support: Support for signup and login through OpenIDs and Paypal support when upgrading to commercial licenses.
- Other enhancements: Nicer invitation and sharing emails, new user options, improved support for Safari and Opera, performance improvements through better script and image loading.