Please note: This article was last updated in 2011. For up-to-date information on MindMeister’s mobile apps, please visit mindmeister.com/apps!
Ladies and Gentlemen; we know you’ve been waiting quite a while for it, and we’re very pleased to announce the official launch of the free MindMeister for Android app!
As a reminder, MindMeister for Android has been specifically written for mobile devices supporting Android 2.x, and we plan on adding tablet (3.x) support in the future.
A quick rundown of the MindMeister for Android feature set:
- Create and edit unlimited mind maps and folders
- Seamlessly sync maps and folders with your free online account
- Share maps directly from the device
- Multi-touch support for drag & drop, zoom, pan
- Add icons, colors, styles and map themes
- Edit and view notes, links and tasks on ideas
- Draw connections between nodes
- Manage Favorite maps
- Quickly insert ideas (Geistesblitz)
As with our iPhone and iPad apps, your MindMeister data will be automatically backed up with your online account, ensuring that you’ll never lose a thought. From our award winning web interface you’ll also be able to take full advantage of:
- Unlimited undo / redo
- Import from MindManager, Freemind and text files
- Export as RTF, PDF and image
- Export as MindManager, Freemind, MS Word and MS PowerPoint (requires paid MindMeister account)
A hearty thanks go out to all that participated in our beta tests – without you none of this would have been possible.
So what are you waiting for? Go grab your free MindMeister for Android app, and get mobile mind mapping today!