Meister Partner Programs
Terms and Conditions
0. Meister Partner Programs
At Meister, our goal is to develop the most easy-to-use software tools that simplify the way people work together — and we value partners who share our vision. To this end, Meister offers three different partner programs whose aim is to create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships between Meister and its partners. A brief overview of the different partner programs is outlined below. For a detailed list and up-to-date description of the individual programs, their benefits and requirements, please see the Meister Partner Guide.
- 1. Affiliate Partner Program
- a. Affiliate partners of Meister receive a recurring commission for referring new customers to MindMeister and/or MeisterTask using their unique referral link.
- b. Affiliate partners are able to manage their referrals and request payouts for their earned commission using Meister’s partner portal.
- 2. Expert Partner Program
- a. The Expert Partner program was designed for consultants, trainers and other experts in the fields of productivity, project management, organization, education and creativity.
- b. Applicants receive personal product training, and then may be invited to be certified as MM or MT experts.
- c. Once certified, Expert Partners receive access to marketing materials and personal support for partner-organized workshops relating to MindMeister and/or MeisterTask. Partners also may receive a personal discount code that they may pass on to their customers, among other benefits.
- 3. Reseller Partner Program
- a. The Reseller Partner Program is aimed at software resellers and distributors specializing in cloud-based IT solutions who wish to resell MindMeister and/or MeisterTask licenses to their customers.
- b. Reseller Partners can achieve a revenue share from 10% to 60% depending on achieved sales targets.
By using any of Meister’s partner programs, you are agreeing that you have read and understand the terms and conditions of this agreement and that you agree to be legally responsible for each and every term and condition.
1. Partner Websites
Partners may not create or design their website or any other website that they operate, explicitly or implied in a manner which resembles Meister websites, nor shall they design their own website in a manner which leads customers to believe they are Meister or any other affiliated business. Expert Partners and Reseller Partners may embed their official partner badges on their website and state their partner status on their website.
Partners may not give the impression of being employed by Meister on their resumes both online and offline, on LinkedIn, or other social networking sites.
Meister reserves the right to reject Partner applications or cancel an existing Partner account if we determine that their site is unsuitable for our Program, including, but not limited, if the site:
- 1.1.1. Promotes sexually explicit materials.
- 1.1.2. Promotes violence.
- 1.1.3. Promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- 1.1.4. Promotes illegal activities.
- 1.1.5. Incorporates any materials which infringe or assist others to infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or to violate the law.
- 1.1.6. Includes “Meister”, “MeisterTask”, “MindMeister”, “MeisterLabs” or variations or misspellings thereof in its domain name.
- 1.1.7. Is otherwise in any way unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, harassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion.
- 1.1.8. Contains software downloads that potentially enable diversions of commission from other Affiliates in our program.
- 1.1.9. Promotes “get-rich-quick” schemes that have no tangible business value.
- 1.1.10. Is in violation of any other term or condition referenced herein.
2. Advertising and Promotions
Unless otherwise approved in writing by Meister, Affiliates may not offer incentives to users as a means to enhance the performance of any program; incentives include but are not limited to awarding them cash, points, prizes, contest entries, etc.
Expert Partners may advertise the 10% discount that their personal Expert Partner discount code offers on their own website.
However, Partners may not use any of Meister’s domains, including mindmeister.com, meistertask.com, meisterlabs.com and meister.co in the URL of any keyword-based pay-per-click campaign on search engines, including, without limitation, Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu and Yahoo.
Partners may not bid on any variations of Meister brand terms (specifically: “Meister”, “MeisterLabs”, “MeisterTask”, “MindMeister”) in any keyword-based pay-per-click search engines, including, without limitation, Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu and Yahoo.
This includes any “Trademark Plus” (TM+) bidding such as “MindMeister discount” or “MeisterTask promo code”.
3. Payments of Commissions
Affiliate Partners receive a 20% recurring commission for paid signups of new users they refer to Meister products using their unique Affiliate link. In order to be tracked as a referral, the signup must occur within 30 days after the visitor has clicked on the Affiliate’s link. If a visitor clicks on two different Affiliate links before signing up, only the owner of the first Affiliate link will receive a commission.
Expert Partners receive a 20% recurring commission for paid signups they refer to MindMeister or MeisterTask via the discount code associated with their Expert Partner Account. The Partner’s commission is calculated based on the actual payment of the customer after the discount has been applied. The discount code is unique to the respective Expert Partner and may only be used by him personally in his efforts to refer customers to Meister products.
Both the Affiliate Partner and the Expert Partner Commissions are recurring – the amount is subject to change as customers may switch subscription plans and add or remove licenses over the period of their subscription. For instance, if the referred customer upgrades to a higher plan or adds additional licenses to their team after their initial sign-up, the partner’s commission increases accordingly. Note that commissions can only be tracked and paid out for payments made by the originally referred user. Licenses purchased separately by employees of the same organization are not tracked and will not lead to a commission for the partner.
The Expert Partner discount code provides users who sign up for a paid MindMeister or MeisterTask plan with a 10% discount. This discount cannot be applied to already discounted plans, such as educational plans or Meister’s Bundle offer, and can not be used in combination with other discount codes.
Expert Partners who do not wish to share their personal discount code with their customers can still secure a lead they’ve nurtured by submitting a form to Meister which provides contact details of the lead in question, as well as proof of their efforts to convert the lead into a paying customer of MindMeister/MeisterTask. The Expert Partner will receive a one-time (non-recurring) commission of 20% of such a sale, provided it occurs within 6 months of lead submission. It is the responsibility of the Expert Partner to request the payout of this commission.
Payments of commissions are always made in USD. If the Partner is based in the EU, their payment will be converted to Euros on the day that Meister makes the payment. Partners can track their referrals and commissions in Meister’s Partner Portal and may request a payout of their commission as soon as an accumulated commission of $150 USD has been reached. Payouts are exclusively handled via PayPal.
Upon termination of a partnership, Expert Partners and Reseller Partners lose access to the areas of the Partner Portal pertaining to the Expert and Reseller programs and the ability to manage coupons and commissions. This means that any commissions generated by Expert Partners via the usage of their unique discount code will not result in a payment after the partnership has ended.
However, former Expert and Reseller Partners can continue to make use of Meister’s Affiliate Partner program and earn commissions through this program as long as they maintain a paid MindMeister and/or MeisterTask subscription.
Individuals may make use of more than one program. For instance, a Reseller Partner may also apply for the Expert Partner program and make use of the Affiliate Program. However:
- 1) Coupons generated by Reseller Partners cannot be combined with any discount codes.
- 2) In the event that a user signs up via an Affiliate link and then upgrades to a paid plan using an Expert Partner discount code, the commission generated by the user’s payments will be counted towards the Expert Partner Commission, not the Affiliate Commission.
4. Meister’s Rights and Obligations
We reserve the right to work with as many Resellers, Expert Partners, and Affiliate Partners as we choose. Partners do not receive exclusive rights to a certain area or country of operation or otherwise.
Affiliate Partners and Expert Partners are guaranteed the commission of a referred user’s first payment. Meister intends to keep the recurring commission model indefinitely but reserves the right to change and/or discontinue the recurring commission model at any time. Meister promises to inform Partners of such changes with at least one month’s notice.
Meister reserves the right to discontinue any partnerships and their associated commissions, one or all Partner levels or the Partner Program as a whole at any time and without any reason given.
Affiliate Partners and other Partners of Meister are subject to Meister’s terms of service.